I did some competitive programming as a teenager (attended NOI ‘08, ‘09 in China), and now I work as an indie developer.
I’ve been working on mobile/pc games, compilers, and regular full-stack web developments.
fiber-note is a bi-directional networked note-taking app which is open and self-hosting, inspired by
obsidian and others.
I’m working on a series of dev diaries around the building of fiber-note:
I watched so many tv shows (especially sitcoms) that I have to build references.wiki to organize and visualize pop culture references between tv shows, video games, fictional characters, etc.
I composed scrappers to fetch and parse the occurrences of pop culture references in different wikia (fandom) sites. Currently I’ve parsed around 5000 references between 1000 works/celebrities.
I built my own knowledge base to cross-reference sources like wikidata, google kg, and wolfram alpha. I implemented a customized editor for user to create new references between works.
The next step will be UGC workflow (I’m considering a git-based one), editing history and data visualization.
ruby on rust
An implementation of ruby in pure rust, consists of (barely working) lexer and parser, and a no-go interpreter.
I started this project as a way to learn rust. Eventually, I’ve learned more than that, including lexer & parser,
ragel, and a lot of ruby’s hidden magic.
Lots of the grammar rules and AST conventions are ripped from the
parser gem. For lexer, I adapted some rules from
parser and ported from ragel-6 to ragel-7. For parser, I use
syntax-cli as the parser generator.
Project yoru is a set of projects to build cross-platform visual novel games from only assets and scripts, without coding.
To build this project, I was using
polymer, lots of
phonegap build, which are all (basically) dead by now :|
- icons.land: to search icons from different packs like font-awesome, ionicons, etc.
- streaming guide: help me decide which streaming service (nf, hulu, disney+) should I subscribe to
- wiki flutter: a wikipedia client in flutter
- actioncable_dart: action cable websocket protocol ported to dart
- flutter_html_widget: parse HTML dom into flutter widgets
as a translator
- I’m a co-translater of the simplified Chinese version of MongoDB: The Definitive Guide from O’Reilly
as a novelist
- I publish some of my novels at 围炉（weilu.community）